I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 17, 2009

So I am getting very acquainted with Pau France. This was my third day to just walk around by myself and do what ever I felt like doing at that moment. Kinda a cool notion. Nothing hang on me to get done (besides go buy those cute jeans i tried on earlier), no dishes in the sink, no laundry piling up on the floor, not even any diapers to change, although I would gladly do that about now! The slow pace of France has been a welcomed and nice change. I love to just sit and watch as the people stroll by and talk to each other in a language I would love to learn. The food here is marvelous and dangerous at the same time. Almost every time Wade and I go to dinner we end up getting something other than we thought. Like last night I ordered fried prawns. In the US of A that would be breaded and dropped in a lot of oil and served up with a nice dipping sauce. In France... little shrimp with eyes, legs and shell served in the frying pan not battered just cooked! Still good, just different!! This was our favorite meal so far. Wade ordered the steak medium well, which came out medium but was still good.
I ordered the chicken kabob that was served over rice. Bon appetite! So good! For the first time since Wade and I have been together, almost 13 years!!!, I finished my meal first! His was so chewy he almost needed me to help him move his jaw. Still good though!? We had a wonderful dinner and even better conversation.

This is our first pic together in France. We are standing in the down stairs lobby of our hotel.
What a cool sight to see. As we were walking around I just looked down this side street and saw the church off in the distance and had to take a picture. All you photographers would love it!! Even with my lack of picture taking skill all the shots I have gotten have been great. Pretty easy when the scenery is so beautiful!



This is another church we found just walking around. Just as gorgeous on the inside! Makes me think of my professor in college who taught me architecture. It is so cool to actually see the things I learned about in a book. Cant wait for my parents to go to Jerusalem and see the land that our Savior walked on! What a ride that will be!!!


Wade sitting outside at a pizzeria we ate at the second night we were in town. I love to eat here because you get to eat outside. The weather is amazing and there is so much more room outside than in the little buildings. They set up tables and chairs several times a day. They set them up when they open. Then take them down when they break for a two hour lunch and then set them back up for dinner.








2 comments:

  1. So, I've started reading your blog (and you inspired me to start one of my own--although I'm kind of talking to myself). Sounds like you're having a great trip! I'm loving the pics. We saw Sherry & Sally last night. I think you might have to fight her to get your baby back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like France is an AMAZING place! Love the pictures you have posted, what an awesome experience! Love you bunches.

    Kristy

    ReplyDelete